18 days ago
PPR are one of the UK’s leading Technical Recruitment agencies. We specialise in the supply of temporary and permanent staff to the following industries - Rail, Mechanical & Electrical, Blue & White collar, Driving and Warehousing.
Working with a large client based in the Greenford area, we now have an exciting opportunity for organised, enthusiastic and motivated Team Leaders to join our client who specialises in Third Party Logistics.
As a Team Leader for this client, you will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Lead and motivate a team by setting good examples
- Take initiative to ensure deadlines are met on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Allocate jobs and workloads to other team members
- Attend development training sessions as required
- Identify training needs within your team
- Liaise with the Transport department to ensure issues are kept to a minimum
- Coordinate, attend and lead team meetings
- Ensure all operating procedures are adhered to
- Comply with all aspects of Health and Safety
- Provide cover to the transport office when necessary
- Complete written and verbal reports at the end of your shift
- You must have a working knowledge of Health and Safety
- At least 1 years experience in a Team Leader or Supervisory role
- Previous experience working as a Team Leader or Supervisor at night
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to resolve queries and issues
- Intermediate PC skills
- Counter Balance forklift certificate - not essential
Working 5 nights out of 7 on a shift rotation basis of 20.00 - 04.30 and 21.30 - 06.00 you will be required to work weekends and bank holidays.
This client offers 28 days holiday and company uniform.
Interested? For more information and salary requirements, please email me your cv and a covering letter.