We need a degree qualified Senior Network Engineer with strong CISCO experience for an international media network dedicated to giving a voice to the voiceless in some of the world’s most unreported locations.
As Senior Network Engineer your key responsibilities will be:
- Engineering, designing, configuring, installing, integrating, maintaining, and troubleshooting of enterprise LAN/WLAN/WAN networks and systems (enterprise converged networks, wired and wireless).
- Network Security - Firewalls, Intrusion detection, incident response and escalation, security policy articulation and compliance checking.
- Identify network trends and abnormalities and proactively take steps to prevent performance impacts to network traffic and business function.
- Perform pro-active support functions and reporting to maintain the integrity of the enterprise network equipment and infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting internal and external routing problems.
- Assessment and optimization of the LAN/WLAN/WAN networks, through network monitoring, statistics, and daily health checks.
- Maintains accurate and comprehensive documentation diagrams of Network Infrastructure.
- Network performance evaluation, monitoring and optimization.
- Systems and user support.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Strong Cisco experience - CCNP
- Experience in LAN/WAN and network Security
- Experience with Cisco IP Telephony.
- Experience with Wireless systems
- Experience with network traffic analysis, QOS, VoIP and converged networks.
- Intermediate experience in Layer 2 technologies. E.g. STP/RSTP/VSS
- Intermediate experience in Layer 3 technologies, gateway load balancing protocols (VRRP/HSRP) and dynamic routing protocols (OSFP/BGP).
- Knowledge of Quality of Service, IPSec, Multicast and load balancing.
- Experienced in firewall design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Strong problem-solving and logical analysis skills.
- Strong documentation and/or technical writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
While not essential, experience of the following will be highly advantageous:
- Palo Alto Networks Certification - ACE or CNSE.
- Experience in installing, configuring and maintaining IPS.
- Remote access VPN (IPsec, GRE, 3DES or AES VPN Tunnels).
- Experience working in a 24x7 environment.
- ITIL knowledge
What are the benefits?
- Take on a varied role where no two days are the same
- Build on your existing expertise with an international broadcaster
- Work on the cutting-edge of technological change
- Diverse, team-oriented and engaging work environment
- Join an award-winning team who share the passion of having a significant impact in the world
This is a full time permanent role on days Monday - Friday but will include being on call out of hours.